Okay, so what’s all the hype about? Being healthy and fit is the latest trend and we are surrounded by all of this information about these amazing super foods, health regiments and exercises.
Although I would love to say I’m up on all of these trends and products, I am still learning alongside the rest of you, but one thing that I have tried and swear by, is matcha (powder) green tea.
When I drink matcha green tea, I have it mixed with my water, as most people do. I typically just order it from Starbucks and it is relatively cheap, although they recently raised the price (it used to be 80 cents). When ordering, I ask for a Venti ice water, with 5-8 scoops of matcha green tea (depending on how strong a flavor I want).
What I love about matcha green tea, is that it has ten times more antioxidants than regular tea.
You may have read about the many health benefits of matcha green tea; it prevents cancer, works as an anti-ager, enhances calming and boosts memory and concentration, but here is what it does for me:
1. Gives me the energy I need to make it through my day. No matter when I drink matcha green tea, I am instantly energized.
2. Puts me in a wonderful mood, instantly (not sure if it’s the caffeine, the taste, or a combination of the two).
3. Actually allows me to concentrate. If I know I have a lot of studying ahead, I make sure I have matcha green tea next to me.
4. Motivates me. When I have my matcha green tea, I feel rejuvenated.
5. Boosts my metabolism. I’m not kidding! I’ve heard from numerous sources that green tea boosts your metabolism and the powdered version is no different. It works like a charm!
P.S. You can buy matcha green tea by itself from a number of stores online. Before buying though, do some research. The powder is a bit expensive. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.